Thursday, October 19, 2006

Durham Trillium Quilters Guild

I spent a fun day with the Durham Trillium Quilters Guild yesterday. I taught two classes on making miniature quilts and met some wonderful quilters. The fabrics they brought and the projects they started were lovely. This is the mini quilt (which measures 5" x 7") pieced by Julia Smith in this class...thank so much to Julia for sending me this photo.
This pattern is made using a strip paper piecing technique.

Thank you to Shelley and Ann for treating me to supper... you sure know how to make a teacher feel welcome and everything was just great!

While I was away we had a water pipe break and flood the basement, so today, instead of finishing the quilting (my most favorite activity!) on my UFO, I'll be cleaning up (my most detested activity!).