Sunday, January 11, 2015

Slow Stitching Sunday

Welcome to the Slow Sunday Stitching linky party! 
Make yourself a coffee or tea, and enjoy visiting the blogs of hand stitching friends around the world. 
Sunday is the day for resting and recharging your energy, so that you can be prepared for the week ahead. If you want to read an interesting article about some crafters in B.C. and some of the benefits of hand stitching - click here. Are you convinced now that you should pick up your stitching and reap the benefits?!? 
If you missed Thursday's post about the book "Imagine the life you'd love to live, then live it", click here to read about it and enter the draw to win it. I do enjoy reading, but I like quilting more, so it's a fine balance to achieve - read a little, quilt a lot! LOL

Today I will be hand quilting the border on my block sampler quilt. This is a photo of one section of the pattern on the back of the quilt. The sashing is on the top of the photo and the border is along the bottom. I traced the 3 diamonds using cardboard squares. I am very "low-tech"!
The quilting has now turned one corner, and this is how it looks on the back.  I am happy with how the design is turning out and it is a fun pattern to stitch, which makes me want to keep at it.
Okay Slow Stitchers, here's a heads up for the challenge for you for NEXT week... since Slow Sunday Stitching is a linky party that celebrates the art of hand stitching, any links that are posted next Sunday which have a photo of your hand while stitching will go into a draw to win some stitching tools. Be creative and have fun showing us how you stitch.
Now then, for this week's link up, just click on the "click here to enter" tab and follow the instructions. Happy Stitching!




25 comments:

Kaja said...

Working on the balance is one of my aims for this year! Your border is looking great, Kathy.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Your stitching looks wonderful ! :)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I have just started listening to audio books while I quilt. Oh my so wonderful, it helps me forget about all the other things I need to do and get lost in my quilting. Your stitches are just gorgeous.

CathieJ said...

Your hand quilting is beautiful. I love that your are low-tech. So am I. I used cardboard hearts for one of my patterns. I am looking forward to seeing the quilt when it is finished.

Created by Kathi said...

Loving your current project Kathy! Thanks for coming up with a fun kind of give away :) I will look forward to taking some pics this week! Kathi

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love seeing your quilting from the back! Your stitches look wonderful.

I used to be an avid reader, but like you, I'd much rather quilt. I need to see about audio books ... loaded onto my iPad, so I can use my earphones while DH watches sports on TV. ;-)

Ellen said...

Kathy, your stitching is beautiful and so well spaced.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am close to finishing the baby quilt so I will work on that in this rainy, icy day and continue to look at the fabric on my table to decide how I will do a log cabin quilt with it.

Scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful stitching.

Chantal said...

Love how you are quilting the border. It ties well with the rest of the quilt.
I read a bit before going to bed as it calms my busy mind so I can rest.

Scrappy quilter said...

I just finished reading the article. One of the best I have read. Thanks for sharing it with us.

scraphappy said...

Looking forward to a HANDY week next Sunday :) Your hand quilting is looking great. Love turning corners, such a feeling of progress.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It is just lovely - your stitches are so precise. I won't be joining this week as I have to do a mock run thru for a guild presentation this coming Tuesday (weather permitting) and then get it all packed in proper order so it' s ready to go.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Oh oh--how fast does that dark spot remover work on hands??

Quilting Stories said...

Beautiful handquilting Kathy! Thank you for the party!

Judy D in WA said...

I love seeing your stitches! I love low tech. :)

Sandy said...

Wow Kathy, your quilting on the back looks better than mine does on the front!

Jeanna said...

Your stitches are so perfect Kathy. I'm practicing my embroidery, still working on the Birdie Stitches UFO.

I appreciate you hosting the linky party...it's keeping me motivated and I love reading the other blogs that link up.

Kate said...

You've really made some progress with the borders. Enjoy your slow stitching Sunday!

Jennie in GA said...

Beautiful hand quilting. Thanks for helping me to remember to slow down and enjoy!

Janet O. said...

The colors of your quilt just sing to me--and I love seeing the quilting from the back. When I am hand quilting I am always checking out the back. Did a little hand quilting tonight during the late news, but no post to link up. : )

Rose said...

Beautiful stitches!

Rebecca in AK said...

Beautiful hand quilting!

Stephie said...

I love the low tech approach too Kathy, I'm using cardboard circles for my boarder! Your stitching is looking great :) Have a good week!

Denise :) said...

Your quilting continues along beautifully! Fun challenge for next week -- looking forward to it!! :)