Sunday, October 26, 2014

Slow Sunday Stitching




I have made a bit of slow progress on hand quilting my block sampler quilt. The autumn colours of this quilt make it the perfect project to work on at this time of year.
I took some photos of the back of the quilt this week just for something different to share. The backing is a mottled gold and the red stitches show up well.




Stars - quilted 5 of 20  
These are fun and quick to quilt.








Blocks - quilted 5 of 12
These are more challenging and time consuming, and each one is different depending on the block pattern, so I make myself finish quilting a block before I quilt a star.


Sashings - quilted 7 of 31
Very boring, but easy to complete. After I finish quilting a block, I would like to quilt the sashings around it, so I don't have a lot of sashings to finish at the end.


From Red Brolly

What are you hand stitching today?
Enjoy the relaxation that making each stitch can bring!
And link up your blog post below so we can be inspired by your slow stitching.





21 comments:

Terry said...

The back is going to be just as beautiful as the front! :0)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I love this autumn quilt of yours and fun to see the beautiful stitching on the back! :)

The Cozy Quilter said...

A perfect fall project!

Cathy said...

The back would be a neat quilt all by itself.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I will work on my DJ for a little bit then switch to one of 2 other projects

Denise :) said...

I enjoy watching your progress! Hand quilting is so my favorite means to quilt - and I even love the simple, straight (boring) lines!! :)

Scrappy quilter said...

The stitching is beautiful as is the quilt.

Quilting Stories said...

Congratulations on your perfect stitches Kathy! And thanks for the pleasant Sunday party!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I love the colors in this quilt and love your approach to getting it quilted. Happy stitching!

Carol Swift said...

Beautiful hand quilting!

Kate said...

The red really shines on that golden backing. Very lovely.

Deb A said...

Such pretty stitches on the back... and I love how you tackle quilting. I'll have to try that with my quilt. Hopefully I can get it prepped for quilting sometime today... have to dog proof the house first. We are dog sitting for a few days again.

Sarah said...

Wow very small, even stitches. Wish mine was like that!!

Rebecca in AK said...

You are making really good progress on this quilt. I love the colors in it.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Thanks for the linky today Kathy!!

Deanna W said...

It is coming along nicely! Although I won't be linking up...lack of ambition when it comes to the computer today. I did get some blocks put together and the yard cleaned up. After supper I will put my feet up and do some embroidery blocks. So I WILL be slow stitching!!

CathieJ said...

Your quilting seems to be going along very quickly. The colors are perfect for fall.

Janet O. said...

Love the new header photo!
Your red stitches look delightful! : )

margaret said...

beautifully quilted such even stitches, maybe you could share how you do it on your blog? please

The Calico Cat said...

It must only be me, but that "Red Brolly" clip art looks like a skull.

My quilt is basted, just waiting for me to put it in the frame...

Debbie said...

I love the red stitching on the back of your quilt, Kathy. Simply lovely!
Debbie
===^..^===