Sunday, June 16, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching Strawberries #2

 Welcome to the weekly hand stitching party! Slow stitching is good for your health, so give yourself a little boost and pick up your stitching project today!

This is one of my favourite embroidery blocks for my Life is Beautiful project and still needs to be appliqued, sandwiched and hand quilted.

I have been obsessed with strawberries lately and finished the "Sweet Strawberry" stitching this week. I found a strawberry fabric for the backing and binding.


And then I stitched down a string of plastic beads around the inside of the binding. It just adds a bit more sweetness to the sweetness! 🍓🍓🍓


Tada... here is the finished wallhanging which measures 7" square. Do I "need" another little wallhanging?
Absolutely not!
But do I love it?
I sure do!
And that's what hand stitching is all about for me! 💖

I did a fun photo shoot yesterday and put a couple of strawberry miniatures together... so so cute!
Acckkkkk... wait!
One of them is upside down!  
I'll try to redo this and make it my photo header!

I hope you are enjoying strawberry season if you live in the part of the world where they are plentiful now! And I hope you are stitching what you love!
Link up your blog post below and share your projects with us!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

15 comments:

Jenny said...

Mmm, summer strawberries!

Kate said...

Your new finish is very pretty. Adding the beads was an inspired idea, they add to the elegance. Happy slow stitching today.

The Cozy Quilter said...

It seams you are not the only one with a strawberry theme in their stitching! Your new wall hanging is very cute! So nice to see Life is beautiful out again. Enjoy your day!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Strawberries are appearing in the farmer's market stalls and produce stands, fresh from the fields around here. So sweet! Your strawberry projects are sweet too!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your strawberry mini - so sweet! I like making little quilts out of my hand stitching projects, too. It's fun to put them here and there around the house. Enjoy your stitching today, Kathy!

cityquilter grace said...

adorable!

Angela said...

Your strawberry collection looks fabulous!

Kim said...

Your strawberry stitcheries look great gathered together with the jars of strawberries. Such fun. I love that meaning of life quote.

Karrin Hurd said...

Love your beautiful strawberry finishes!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Sew many berry beautiful projects!!! Fabulous job! Love your header. Happy quilting, Kathy.

Sarah said...

Nice collection of summer projects you have! I say you can never have too many, after all they hardly take up any room!

CathieJ said...

I love all of your strawberry stitchery. The season is just ending here.

Nancy said...

Your strawberry stitcheries are beautiful. We decided to pick strawberries this past Monday, only to find that strawberry season is over in Ohio! I suppose cooler climates still have fresh ones. Thanks for hosting the stitch-along.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kathy, your strawberry mini montage is very cute. We've been eating strawberries for months now, but they are finally REALLY good! Enjoy while it lasts :-)

MissPat said...

Your strawberry filled header makes me hungry for strawberry shortcake, or strawberries on ice cream or strawberry pie. You get the idea. Cute little wall hanging.
Pat