Sunday, May 26, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching


Welcome to the weekly celebration of hand stitching! It's the one time a week where we make sure to set aside some special moments for playing with needles and thread/yarn. We hope you will join us!

Some good progress has been made on my new dishcloth from the pattern book called "Dishcloths From the Heart" by Evelyn Clark. I love the little pattern booklet and have made several knitted cloths using the patterns in it. This pattern is called "Big Heart" and has been a challenge since every row is different. But it is now over 50% done and it does look like the bottom of a heart!  

Yesterday I delivered three finished quilts to the community outreach committee of my local guild. The pile on the left are the quilts I returned. These quilts were pieced and machine quilted by other guild members, and I was delighted to have the honour of hand stitching the bindings, with some help from my friends Barb and Debby! I brought home 2 more quilts to bind over the summer.


And this week I started a new cross stitch project. I had wanted to make this in April for obvious reasons! Better late than never I suppose? You can find the free pattern to download over at Silver Creek Samplers. I picked a rust coloured thread for the robin's breast since the orange looked too bright for a robin. I should be able to finish this by next week if all goes well.

What are you stitching this week? Do you have any new starts? Any finishes? Please link up your blog post below and share your projects with us.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

Kim said...

Your new little cross stitch is a sweet one and the dishcloth is coming along nicely. The outreach committee will be so very thankful for the lovely quilts you and your friends are donating.

Gretchen Weaver said...

The dishcloth looks interesting but it would be too much thinking for me! It's nice when a group can work together on compassion quilts. Happy stitching!

Angela said...

Fantastic! Who ever gets one of those quilts is truly blessed!

The Cozy Quilter said...

I share your love of hand stitching the binding of a quilt! A great contribution to your guild’s charity projects. Cute April showers cross stitch! Enjoy your slow stitching today.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your April Showers stitching is so cute! I agree - your robin's red breast looks like a better color. Have fun putting a few more stitches into it today!

Kate said...

The teal dishcloth is going to be too pretty to use for dishes! Enjoy your slow stitching today.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

That is a great dishcloth knitting book,Kathy. Love seeing these designs. Great cross stitching and how neat they are free patterns too. How generous with your time you are...kudos to you!

CathieJ said...

That wash cloth is looking good. I imagine the knitting is slow due the row changes. I love that sweet little cross-stitch you are working on.

Karrin Hurd said...

Love the dishcloth! Great new stitching project. Happy stitching!

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

I love the robin. It's so cute and spring like.

I'm never to fussed to be stitching 'in the season'. The year will come around and I'll just display the project next year.