Sunday, May 12, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms...and to the Aunties, friends, neighbours, and wonderful women who "mother" others, we say a big thank you! 💕 I hope you enjoy a wonderful day with your family and have a chance to fit in time to put some stitches into your favourite project.

This billboard in my town always makes me smile. Before there was Google, there was only your Mom and the local library to give you information and advice! LOL I love the message on the cross stitched pillow!

I have a little finish this week. This is the April Square Dance 3" cross stitch block. I loved selecting the threads to sew on the tiny buttons.

It was an easy pattern, but I made so many mistakes. The carrot top should not be hanging over the left border, but there it is! I couldn't fix the problems without a lot of ripping out of stitches, so I just finished it as best I could. You can see the January to March blocks here. And on we go to May stitching!

What are you working on this month? I do hope I have time to visit the links this week - I am woefully behind in my reading. Please link up your blog post below and share your slow progress with your fellow hand stitchers.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

7 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

What a cute little cross stitch carrot square! I don’t see any mistakes at all. The overhanging carrot gives it extra personality. 🥕 Happy Mother’s Day!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Happy Mother's Day, Kathy! I love your little April design. The carrot looks like it was meant to be stitched that way!

CathieJ said...

Happy Mother's Day! I love the April cross stitch. It looks like you made your mistakes work. That's called artistic license.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy Mother's Day, Kathy! I hope you have a wonderful day. I just love the April cross stitch. It is just too cute! Hugs.

Karrin Hurd said...

Happy Mother's Day Kathy! I love the April cross-stitch. Hope you have a great day!

Melva said...

That April stitch is so sweet. Thank for the chance to share each week. :) Blessings!

Kate said...

Hope you had a very happy Mother's Day. They are not mistakes, they are design choices. Your April Square Dance is really cute. Happy stitching this week.