Saturday, March 11, 2023

Scrappy Saturday


The green scraps have had my full attention this week. It has been so fun to dig through the scrap bins and cut little green bits into useable 1.5" squares for my scrappy stars project. These 25 patch blocks are a 10 out of 10 on the fun sewing scale for scrappy sewers! I used up such a wide variety of greens.



Then I made 4 star blocks and although they don't use up as many scraps, they are still very fun to sew. I enjoy looking in the scraps for a neutral background to go with the scraps. My favourite is the Tula block on the top left with the whale in the centre square. 



And here is my block collection so far. I love how it's coming together! 


Apparently I only made 1 of each of the blocks in January and February, but green month inspired me to make more! There are just so many lovely variations of green - how can you resist?!?

Linking up to the weekly scrap party at Angela's

13 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

neat combination of blocks for a quilt!

Mari said...

Looking good! I love the Tula star, too!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Green is my favorite color, and you do have some pretty ones! I'm enjoying seeing your collection of stars and alternate blocks grow. That Tula print is fun!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Are those 5" blocks??? So cute! Fun to see all the different scraps you have included in those blocks.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

I agree with Karen, the alternating blocks look great together.

loulee said...

That's going to be a very bright and happy scrappy quilt top.

Mary said...

Green is good for the Month of March! All the shades. I'm trying to eliminate my Messy desk that's is covered with papers and stuff that needed to be dealt with. Yesterday while Hubby was gone, I made room for a giant shelf to hold all my Quilts in the Corner. I'll share it later on the Blog. It was fun to visit those older quilts once more. Happy Scrappy Saturday. Binding needs to be sewn later on my Rhododendron Trail tonight or next week during TV time.
Quilt Show coming right up in 2 weeks!

ButterZ said...

You could always catch up and make more of the other colours.

Deanna W said...

Keep sewing blocks like that and you will have to find another project for Piranha weekend!

Maria said...

Your blocks are growing into a great quilt.

Deb A said...

Love how those two blocks look together!

Sara said...

Oh yes! Those blocks look wonderful together. So pretty!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lovely collection of blocks, Kathy!