Monday, October 24, 2022

Mystery Monday

These labour intensive blocks are parts for the "Oh say can you sew" mystery by Primitive Gatherings. Each month a new step is been posted, and it has taken me more than a month to sew each one. This is not your typical mystery quilt!

Each block has 85 pieces, so you can do the math on how many pieces are on the design wall right now. And this is only half of the secondary blocks! These blocks will alternate with Block A that you can see here

October's step was to sew the sashing units, but I haven't even started that yet. First I have to cut over 700 squares! If you need me, I'll be at the cutting table!

Linking up to Design Wall Monday at Judy's

11 comments:

Sara said...

Wow - 85 pieces! But it's going to be stunning!! Worth the effort and time.

Jenny said...

All those pieces, too much for me, I'm afraid. Good on you for tackling such a labour intensive design.

Sharon Kwilter said...

That does look like a challenging project. I look forward to seeing your updates.

Robin said...

Your are certainly committed to this project. I admire that.

Mary said...

OH my Goodness Too many tuiny pieces in that Block. I should have gotten the clues as they came out. This one will be my FOMO.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Wow, that is a lot of pieces!! I will be interested to see how it all comes out.

Sue Daurio said...

oh I do love a block with lots of little pieces, this is going to be amazing when it's done. I just went and took a peek at the alternating blocks wow!! This quilt is certain to be a family keepsake

Michelle said...

Yikes! But those are some really interesting blocks!

AnnieO said...

I admire the sharp points and square squares that you're producing in tiny form! While I love the designer's colorways and patterns, they are too tiny for me to want to make them. All that cutting, mostly, is what puts me off, LOL!

Deanna W said...

You are definitely getting your mystery money worth in this quilt. That is a lot of piecing and cutting...but it is going to look wonderful when it is done!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Going to be an interesting quilt! Hugs - lots of work!