Wednesday, October 05, 2022

Hello October


How can it possibly be the beginning of October?!?

I have completely lost track of time, haven't finished a quilt in months, and haven't even sewn any mini quilts!


The fall fair season has overwhelmed me with judging gigs, helping my parents move to a retirement apartment, and also we've had 2 family weddings and an engagement party. Life is full but exhausting... with not enough time to restore my sanity with quilting!

I have finished my fall fair judging commitments for 2022, and have 1 more fair coming up that I enjoy participating in, so I am checking the categories, and gathering a pile of quilts to enter. 

I am slowly working away on sewing these blocks for the "Oh say can you sew mystery". Clue #7 has been posted and we will be sewing star sashings which are really fun. This will be a great quilt so I am motivated to keep at it when time allows.



My October goal is to finish all the sewing for step #6 and #7. Ambitious - yes! 

Doable - maybe!

Linking up to One Monthly Goal

8 comments:

Deb A said...

Good Luck Kathy! I know you can achieve your goal.

Sharon Kwilter said...

It looks like it will be a pretty quilt. Best of luck on achieving your goal.

Janet O. said...

Sounds like you have had a very busy time of it!
This mystery looks like it will be well worth it, but I do not know how you fit it all into your busy life.

cityquilter grace said...

wish i could say no sewing due to so many fun events but alas not. just plain unmotivated...you are blessed to have so many diversions!

Flickenstichlerin said...

Nice mystery blocks. They look very accurate.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I haven't sewn much lately, either (out of town). Your blocks shown give me an idea on how to set my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks I made a few years ago (looks like the ones with all the HST's).

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Right???
Glad you are back to stitching - those blocks are wonderful!!!

Deanna W said...

I use to think September was the start of quilting season...maybe it is late |October or maybe November!?!!