Sunday, November 28, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching

Thanks for dropping by the weekly hand stitching party where we're all about needles, threads, fabric, inspiration and self care! There is no advertising here, no black friday sales, no machines to give us grief, and no stress whatsoever! It's just pure relaxation, taking deep breaths, and taking one slow stitch at a time. 

I did a lot of hand stitching on two quilt bindings this week. I finished an 8 year old Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt, and my November placemat. Every single stitch taken was enjoyable.

I have no idea what I will work on today. I need to trace out a new embroidery project to start and maybe I will also do some hand quilting. We are hoping for a dusting of snow tomorrow, and that is perfect weather for hand stitching ❄ ❄ 

What are you working on today? Link up your blog post and share your hand stitching project with us.
 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

13 comments:

Kim said...

Phone notifications of Black Friday sales have sent me crazy this week. It seems here in Australia all the stores have joined in the fray. How nice that it is Sunday and we can all enjoy a little slow stitching and relax. Great you have finished the binding on both your quilt and placemat. I know you love stitching binding....me...not so. =) Whatever it is you find to stitch today; enjoy!

CathieJ said...

Hooray for the two finishes, especially the Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt. I look forward to seeing your new embroidery project.

Sarah said...

Great to get the binding completed on two projects! I was reading yesterday's RSC post and it's a lovely finish! ( it made me laugh too!)

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

I do indeed have an 'aging' box. It lives under my bed and includes tops and unframed needlework. I'm trying to make a dent in it LOL. And more importantly, not add anything to it!

Congratulations on your finishes!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I've got hand quilting, and crochet to do sometime today but also raking and mulching all leaf's continue as well

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Hand stitching down the binding is such an enjoyable task, and it means you've got finishes! Happy Sunday, Kathy!

Elle said...

I spent college football Saturday knitting up 2 skeins of cotton into 5 dishrags. Theses have been waiting for months on the arm of the sofa. DONE! The fragment remaining gave me a 2 inch start on another. I shall attach a new cone to that and get it done later this morning.

Happy Sunday everyone :-)

Karrin Hurd said...

Congratulations on your finishes~ I am so sick of Black Friday advertisements in my email, social media etc. I never shop Black Friday anyway. Most of my gifts are handmade. My grandchildren have all requested pillowcases, plus their SO's. So that is fine with me! Thanks so much again for hosting this weekly linkup, it is one of the highlights of my week!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Congratulations on finishing up the RSC quilt!

Miaismine said...

I saw your RSC Quilt and it's so beautiful! I bet you're enjoying snuggling underneath it! Love that placemat!

Robin said...

I love the fabric you chose for the binding in the picture. It's right up my alley.

AnnieO said...

Sweet quilt! Glad your stitching time has been enjoyable. We had a small Thanksgiving gathering this year, two of our kids had plans with their inlaws.
It has been very hot and windy here and no rain is in sight. I'm afraid we won't see snow at all on our local mountain range again this winter.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kathy, I hope that you had a restful and productive Sunday. Have a great week and thanks again for the linking party!