Saturday, August 15, 2020

Scrappy Saturday - Easy Breezy

Now that I have finished last year's Shoo Fly leader-ender challenge, I am really enjoying the new Quiltville challenge block which is called "easy breezy"
Purple easy breezy blocks
I enjoy sorting through scraps and cutting them into block kits. I really do use the pieces as leader-enders were intended to be used, sewing them together in between other sewing projects. It's a great method that saves thread and allows me to sew another project with little effort.


I cut up the scraps and then pull out the monthly RSC colour to sew  each month. Here are the purple blocks from this month with the blue blocks from last month.




You know you are a true scrap quilter when you come across a little treasure, and it makes you feel so happy! Just look at this little boy on a piece of toile. Do you see the tiny little dog at his feet. So sweet! I have no idea where it came from but I just love it and had to sew him into a green block.

Linking up to RSC

16 comments:

Julierose said...

Finding precious bits and bobs of fabric is such fun. I know a piece like your boy and doggy would spark a block idea for me, too..so sweet...maybe it was a toile?
Anyhow, I need some bit like that to spark a new quilt for me to make; in my sewing room...this has been a dry spell lately...
Hugs from afar Julierose

Linda said...

These blocks look really nice. Good selection of fabric scraps too.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Beautiful purples in your blocks there, Kathy. Love that little boy found...I'm a toile fan...have red toile drapes in my bedroom.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm always amazed by quilters who are able to successfully use the Leader/Ender system. Your PURPLE blocks look great, Kathy!

Cathy said...

Your L/E blocks are so cute. Like Joy, I’m amazed at quilters who can keep things straight while using leaders and enders. I do chain piece to save time and thread, but I have enough projects going simultaneously that saving a bit of thread to throw another project into the machinery would be more than my brain could handle! That boy with his dog on the toile is precious! That’s something we can all agree on!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm enjoying the Easy Breezy blocks, too! Yours are pretty in purple. It is definitely fun to find a little treasure in your scraps that is perfect for a certain block!

maggie fellow said...

oh yea - I am a true scrap quilter - love your purples

Kate said...

Combining scrappy, RSC with leaders and enders is to me a perfect storm of progress and happiness to me. You've got a great start on another beautiful quilt. Enjoy!

Deb A said...

That is a cute bit of fabric. I too have been stitching easy breezy blocks but I forget to show them!

AnnieO said...

I'm making the larger size Easy Breezy L-E blocks and am having as much fun choosing my scraps too. I cut up a lot of strings and raided the precut drawers. Those have to be used up too! I haven't been doing a lot of piecing lately but there are several stacks of precut blocks ready for when I am.

Jenny said...

Easy Breezy seems a fun L&E block, I have some cut out ready to stretch when I finish my current L&E pussy cat project! I love this type of stitching, getting two things done at a time!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Love those purples. I am doing mine (2 quilts) with 2 different focus fabrics and one with alternating red and the other with black - will be interesting to see what happens with them. I am not good with scrappy. Only controlled scrappy.... oh darn! LOL

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I really do love these blocks. But I am going to try and resist. I already know I probably won't be able to for long :)

Deanna W said...

Yes I love sewing up scraps with fabric I have used before or better yet scraps from someone else...you get to see all kinds of things then!

Mari said...

Treasures like that little scrap are really fun to find. Cute purples!

QuiltGranma said...

making a seek and find quilt? Sew cute!