|Good Fortune fabrics
Bonnie is using blue, green, red, orange, and neutral. I am substituting gold for orange but don't think I have enough of the gold, so I will get to buy some new pieces to mix in after all!
My regular machine is set up for machine quilting En Provence, so I decided to make the blocks for this quilt on my treasured vintage sewing machines. It's important for these old gals to have regular workouts in order for them to stay in good working order. This project is a good opportunity to give all the machines some attention.
Step #1 was sewn on Charity my 1953 black Featherweight. It started off sewing a little bit loud, so I opened up the spool pin cover plate and added some oil to the 6 recommended locations on the top of the machine.
It sounded so much better after it had a good drink of oil and was running more smoothly.
Step #1 involved a lot of easy strip sewing to make 4 patches. Since I had decided to try to keep up with the mystery posts by sewing half of the units, it was finished in no time.
Here are my blocks pinned together in sets as Bonnie taught me. It's such a great tip to easily keep track of the sewing progress.
Hop over to Quiltville to see the first link up for Good Fortune.
And PS... I ordered one of Bonnie's newly released books for myself for Christmas!