Okay I tried to work on a project from before Paducah (otherwise known as "BP"), but I could barely remember what I was working on "BP"!!!
I was innocently putting my fabric purchases away and cleaning up my sewing area, and then a strange thing happened...
I started making another Wheel of Mystery quilt! I know, I have poor self control! But seriously, who could resist opening up these cute little John Flynn pre-cut kits from Paducah?!? Not me!
I was so excited and took out all the little pieces and started to wonder why I had chosen a kit with such small pieces!
Still, it looked like fun.
I could not, for the life of me get the centre seams to match up. This is how most of the blocks are looking after unsewing and resewing each block 3 times. I have a "3 times and you're out" policy...after the 3rd time, however it turns out is final!
The other thing I did not like is that when you press these fabrics, there is a strong smell of smoke due to the lazer cut edges...not pleasant. I usually love pressing batik fabrics because of the smell of wax that most batiks have, which I enjoy. So this smokey smell took some getting used to.
Anyway, these blocks are painstaking...each block is taking me about 30 - 40 minutes to sew.
And the pressing of the seams is trickey too. Here is the back of one of the blocks. All seams are split pressed with a swirl in the centre.
I must say that I am delighted that my blocks are laying flat after pressing, because that is a lot of curved seams in a small area, and I was beginning to wonder if they would all turn out like little round cereal bowls with all the handling they have endured!
I will stick with it though because I am anxious to see how this thing will turn out.
Well, that is if I don't get distracted and start sewing something else in the mean time!