Sunday, September 17, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly hand stitching party! It's time to take a deep breath, pick up your needle and thread and put some stitches in your project.
I have been working on some alternate blocks for my Life Is Beautiful project. I'm not even finished quilting all the embroidered blocks, but just wanted to see how the alternate blocks were going to look. I stitched in the seams horizontally and vertically, and then stitched around the circle. The block needed more quilting so I traced a second circle to see how it looked, and I like it more now.
I also repaired this block with the one big "toe hanger" stitch in the middle. I cut the thread where the scissor point is, pulled the stitches out on both sides, knotted off both ends and restitched the area. It was fiddly stitching, but I feel much better about that block now.



We have been enjoying some gorgeous fall weather here and this was my view while working on some hand stitching last weekend. 

So now it's your turn... what are you hand stitching today? Link up your blog post below and share your progress with us.





   
    An InLinkz Link-up
   

16 comments:

Anne Ida said...

Loving how your Life is Beautiful is coming along! That alternate block look great with the extra circle. Enjoy your Sunday stitching :-)

Created by Kathi said...

Aside from rain and hurricaning it has been hot and more hot weather wise here... pondering moving back north a bit to get some seasons back in our lives! lol I love the shot of both your blocks with the lake and back yard in the shot... very nice.. and I love your alternate block stitches... good for you for fixing something that bothered you in how it looked! Have a blessed week and thanks for the linky :) Kathi

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

What a beautiful view you have there as you work on your quilting. Lovely stitching :)

CathieJ said...

I love your stitching view. I like the circle quilting on the block that isn't embroidered.

Kate said...

Glad you were able to fix that one error. I hate having that one thing that bugs me in a quilt. Hope you find lots of time for slow stitching today.

Katie said...

I, too, would be doing my slow stitching with that view. My morning coffee walkabout revealed a lovely mist hanging over the nearby woods and houses . We have been blessed with an extended summer and I love it. That second circle of quilting makes the centre "pop". Good choice.

scraphappy said...

Glad that you were able to fix that small boo boo. If it bothers you, then it is always worth changing, even if someone else might not notice. The second circle adds nice visual interest. Great progress.

Kathy S. said...

LOVE the view from your stitching spot!

Deb said...

Life is beautiful is taking on a life of its own

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your life is indeed beautiful! Thanks for sharing that beauty with all of us!

marebear said...

I never heard of a "toe hanger" stitch...what do you mean by that? :)

Deanna W said...

I wanted to join in but had no post for today so you get Tuesday's post which is all I have done this week anyways!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

"Toe hanger" is an old word from hand quilting circles that meant if your hand quilting stitches were too big, a person using the quilt might get their toe stuck in the stitch!

Nancy said...

Kathy, how will you join these blocks? By potholder method? Your embroidery looks beautiful and I like the alternate blocks, too.

Miaismine said...

What a lovely project and view! Your quilt is fabulous....I may just have to invest in the pattern! Thank you for sharing and hosting!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I did lots of hand stitching on Sunday (and all weekend). No pictures, so, no blog post.