Everyone knows how much I love a mystery quilt! It's next to impossible for me to resist a great mystery. To prove my point, here's a summary of the mystery quilts division of Kathy's Quilts:
1) Temecula's Marvelous Mini Mondays is finished now. All the block patterns have been posted, and the final layout can be seen here. I really enjoyed sewing these tiny blocks and here they are on my design wall. There are supposed to be 20 blocks in the quilt. I don't know why I have 18 blocks, but there you have it! I also have 5 incorrectly made scrappy squares that are too small. You can look for a creative layout that will incorporate all of these blocks...coming "soon".
2) Kevin's mystery quilt called Sapphire Stars, which I am calling Emerald Stars since I am using greens instead of blues. Here are my blocks for that mystery project and a surprise clue was just posted, so that's on the sewing agenda for next week!
3) Blockheads BOW project, which I usually update every week is past the half way point at block # 27 this week.
4) Magnolia Mystery is at the beginning stage and I've just finished cutting all the pieces. The first sewing step has just been posted!
5) Lori over at Humble Quilts is starting a little (20" square) mystery quilt called Palmateer Point. Of course I will start this one too!
How many mystery quilts do you have on the go?!?
I'm a sucker for mysteries, also. I am taking part in the Magnolia, and still need to finish a few blocks for the Marvelous Mini. I'm going to tempt you now for another that has just started...the PEI Modern Quilt Guild Mystery, http://peimqg.blogspot.ca/p/peimqg-mystery-quilt-along.html....it is offered in traditional and modern. I am going to pick modern to try to come out of my comfort zone a bit! Hope you'll join in!!!
How do you get yourself into all these mysteries!!Youare missing the 16 patches for the Temecula mystery. I did include them in mine either but I made extra blocks of some of the others. Pictures coming soon on the blog. I am very busy with samples for the upcoming guild year...stay tuned!
It's so hard to be good! I'm doing all of them except Kevin's mystery. And that was pretty hard not to start. I'm 7 blocks behind in the Blockheads due to some quilting deadlines, but that will be remedied once the secret sewing and charity doll quilts are done.
I have never done a mystery quilt...but they look like fun!
I have been covered up with sewing for Autumn Jubilee coming up in October, but I hope I can catch up on Kevin's then.
Um, none. LOL
I have finished the Temecula top (can't wait to see your creative solution), and I haven't started Lori's QAL yet. But that will bring me to a grand total of 1.
I am not free of addictions, but this isn't one of them. :)
I have Lori's on my agenda. It will have to wait for tomorrow though. Today's calendar is Full! Saving neutrals for the Quiltville Mystery later this year.
So many projects! Looks like you will be busy for a while.
I'm doing Kevin's Sapphire Stars, but in purple, green and yellow. I'm two steps behing though. I looked at the Blockheads, but quickly decided no as there was too much applique and the block pieces were often very small (which I know you really like). I've got one of Carole's mysteries and Bonnie Hunter's En Provence to flimsy stage. I really need to finish some of these (and other ones) before I start anything new. Hah!
At the moment no mysteries but too many UFOs
It is hard for me to do the mystery quilts. I like more control so I don't feel I am wasting fabric on something I won't like. Lori's mysteries are good. I know I will like what she has come up with. And they are for small quilts.
I really like mystery quilt alongs too. You've done some fun ones. Since I'm working hard to get the UFO list whipped into shape, I've limited myself to just two, Meadow Mist and Bonnie Hunter's.
I'm doing Sapphire Stars & Humble Quilts mysteries as well. I'm trying to resist starting new ones. I want to do the Quiltville mystery this year because I didn't do last years. I love your baby quilt...not too busy for a baby, it'll develop their eyes!
Post a Comment