Saturday, July 16, 2016

Scrappy Saturday

It's pink month over at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. If you are a quilter with lots of scraps, the structure of this challenge is very helpful to actually sew up your scraps instead of having them sit in dusty boxes and bags for years. There are no rules, you can join in at any time, and there is a ton of inspiration to spark new scrap projects in every weekly linky party.
This is what I am sewing with my pink scraps this week. These are the first 4 block components for my pink Mad City Mama block. The pattern is from Bonnie Hunter's book Adventures With Leaders & Enders. I need 2 more of the strip blocks and 3 more of the 25 patch blocks, and will be working on that today.
To see lots of pink links, hop over to SoScrappy.

23 comments:

Karen said...

You never seem to run out of scraps. Have you ever shown a picture of your scrap collection?

scraphappy said...

What beautiful shades of pink. Love the keep calm center.

Katie Z. said...

Your pinks are lovely!

Teresa in Music City said...

I LOVE pink!!! And these blocks are so fun - love the Keep Calm block in the middle hehehe!

SandraC said...

Beautiful, cheerful blocks! I'm sorry to say that my RSC has totally gone off the rails. I had to admit that I have too many projects on the go, and one had to be sacrificed

beaquilter said...

I love your Keep calm blocks :)

Kate said...

Very pretty pinks! Enjoy your stitching time today.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those look like the perfect blocks for all the little bits and pieces we all end up with!

Needled Mom said...

Such pretty pinks!!!

Delighted Hands said...

Hot pink was a stretch to find in my stash-your little blocks are great!

Janet O. said...

I'm not sure I would have enough pink scraps to make one block--maybe in CW repro pink. : )

Cathy said...

Oh, I loooove those Mad City Mama blocks! And your pink blocklets are going to be so cute as another one. Way to go!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Mad City Mama is going to be looking pretty in PINK!!

sunny said...

I actually needed to ask a couple of friends to share their dark pink scraps. They were more than generous. I was also given a bag of scraps of all colors. Scraps do not ever run out, do they??

PaulaB quilts said...

That is a lovely quilt in the works. You have a way with the pinks. Keep up the good work!

Mari said...

These are going to be great Mad City blocks!

Deb A said...

Love your pink blocks. So cheerful when all the different pinks are put together.

Ivani said...

Beautiful pinks!

gayle said...

Perky pinks!
That Mad City Mama is going to be gorgeous! I'm looking forward to it. 8)

Magpie Sue said...

Love all that pink!

Pamela Arbour said...

You have really got a good selection of pretty pinks!

Angie said...

Pink makes such cheerful blocks - what fun!

Cathy said...

Wow...those blocks sure use a lot of scraps!