There hasn't been much time this week for sewing scraps. A lot of Olympic watching has gone on at my house, and quite a bit of hand work (check tomorrow's Sunday Slow Stitching blogpost to see what has been accomplished).
And there were a few Olympic celebrations...we tried out Barb's new corkscrew and it was so easy to use.
I did corral some aqua scraps for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and here they still sit....not yet sewn into the palm branch block that they will be by next week (hopefully!)
Hop over to SoScrappy to see what other quilters are sewing with their turquoise and teal scraps.
Also I have been finishing a Tshirt quilt for my nephew, made from his soccer shirts. I couldn't find my favorite teflon pressing sheet, so I had to buy a new one. This is the only one I could find in my local quilt store so I thought I would try it. The instructions say you can use either side, but it's not a good idea to switch mid way through the project, or you get fusible gunk on your iron, which is what you are trying to avoid by using the pressing sheet in the first place....ugh! Using a Sharpie pen I wrote the word "Right" on one side of the pressing sheet to solve that problem.
Also, this sheet get HOT and stays hot, and burns your fingers if you touch it (which my teflon sheet did not do). I'll have to keep an eye out for the June Taylor sheet because I liked it better.
I'm linking up to Jo's "Try it on Tuesday" linky party...go see what other people are trying out today.