Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Quilt Square Quilt Along


It's the end of the month and you know what that means!?! It's time for the Quilt Square Quilt Along Parade! 
I am very happy with how my block turned out this month, even though I ran out of the background fabric and had to mix in a few different light prints. I was also happy to find a couple of fabrics in the sale bin at the Marsh store that I can use for the borders on this quilt.
Get a glass of lemonade and hop over to Jo's to enjoy to the block parade. 

It was interesting that this month's quilt along block is the same kind of star block as I have been sewing for the Temecula Summer Star Sew Along. These are the first 4 blocks posted and I am using up scraps from a finished (kind of!) UFO.
It's been a starry kind of month I guess!?! 

9 comments:

Lori said...

Lovely colors for your stars!!
Both sets!!

kwiltnkats said...

Really nice July Quilt Square Quilt Along block. I like the blues and peachs together. Especially like the wordy star...good on you to have all the words going the same direction! I enjoy the scrappy background even if it wasn't planned. You pulled it off just fine. Sandi

Jo said...

Great QSQA block! Thanks for playing along.

Michelle said...

Great job on your QSQA blocks...and your Temecula blocks too!

Janet O. said...

I have been wondering, as you have been posting your quilt squares, what was so appealing to me about your color combo. Just this post I realized these were my wedding colors, about 100 years ago! : )
And I love your sew-along stars, too. Aren't they cute?

Ray and Jeanne said...

Oh.... I like both of the blocks. The QSQA looks great and the different background just makes it look a little more scrappy! ~Jeanne

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great blocks Kathy and I like the mix of the background fabrics!

Deb A said...

Great job Kathy! It really is a star struck month for you!

Carrie P. said...

Lovin' all those stars.