Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Draw winners and a mini disaster

Do you actually use your quilts?
I really do...I want them used, and loved, and worn to rags. I don't want them sitting in a cupboard to be in pristine condition 100 years from now.
But when you use your quilts, you sometimes have disasters!
This week I had some friends over for a party, and my Hunter Star tabletopper was being used on the table. It looked lovely and I was happy to enjoy it, until the red sauce got spilled..as in the bowl turned upside down on the quilt...yikes! But I am happy to tell you that I washed it right away and there was no stain remaining, so all is well! Use your quilts!
And speaking of Hunter Star, I forgot to announce the winners of my draw from the Quilting Gallery blog hop are...drum roll please...
Linda from Bumbleknit is the winner of the Hunter's star ruler and the winner of the magazine, charm pack, fabric, pattern is Jocelyn of the Happy Cottage Quilter blog. Congratulations and thanks for reading my blog. I hope the gifts arrive in time to be under your tree on Christmas morning!

11 comments:

Joanne said...

So glad the stain came out.
Congratulations to the winner!

Jeanne said...

Yesyesyes! I actively USE all my quilts -- on the beds and furniture that the dogs jump on, hanging in sunny spots, on the tables, outside on the porches -- they are utility quilts in my house, not museum displays. They get spotted or faded or ragged, and that adds to their "patina" and charm. And when I need to make a new one, I do. I want them to be enjoyed, not hidden away and forgotten.
Jeanne :)

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Congrat's to the winners. I'm so happy to read your stain came out. Looks like a yummy party! :-)

Janet O. said...

I'm a believer in using quilts, but that spill looks scary! Glad it all came out in the wash. And if it hadn't, at least it was Christmas colors! : )

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I use and the dogs sometimes abuse my quilts. I have quilts that are missing corners from the dogs trying to pull another dog off the bed. They are NOT allowed on the bed, period. But it is ok, I wash em, I dry em, and I put them back on the bed, missing corners and all!

Linda said...

I am thrilled to win your giveaway Kathy! I am a fan of Hunters Star and it has been on my list of "Must-Make Quilts" for a while. I love the log cabin pictured behind you. Gorgeous. So glad your stain came out. Thanks again! Merry Christmas.

Heather said...

Along with my quilts, I also use my china and crystal, though not necessarily at the same times.

Sally Ann said...

Glad the stain came out!! I love the log cabin quilt on the wall!! Awesome colours!!

Mary Johnson said...

I use my quilts but never on the table while food is served!!

Ellen said...

I have the same philosophy - I use the quilts that I keep and when I give a quilt as a gift I hope that the recipients like it enough to use it and not hide it away! So glad the red sauce did not leave a stain.

LuAnn said...

Glad that you use your quilts, too. I especially like people to sit things on my table toppers. Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas.