This project is still on my design wall but lots of progress has been made. I followed the advice that Krista gave on last week's design wall Monday comments, and moved the purple asterisk in the 3rd row to the left of the letter 'P' and I like that better.
The letters are now sewn together into rows (which took way longer than I thought it would!) and I just need to make all the rows the same size by adding pieces to the sides of some of the shorter rows.
Then I made 12 more asterisk blocks to make into a border. I love how those blocks are all different sizes depending on the width of the strip of fabric I used. I plan to keep making asterisks until all the strips are gone and might end up putting some on the back of the quilt.
If you want to make a similar alphabet quilt, check out Lynne's Red Letter Quilt Along. And to see other quilters' design walls, hop over to Patchwork Times.