I have been working on this mystery since July and although I consider myself an experienced mystery quilter, this one has been a challenge! The fabric requirements did not list whether the fabrics should be light, medium or dark, and some of my choices were wrong. For example, the top block on the right is with the fabrics I chose, which doesn't have enough contrast, so I made some last minute substitutions and put in some fabrics I hadn't planned on.
This past week I packed up my pieces and partial blocks, and went to sew at my friend Louise's house. We sorted out the problems of the world, and also organized our mystery quilts...
and ta da...
my blocks are on the design wall today!
The colour is way off because the sun has been MIA ...but you get the idea.
You can see where I had to stretch my fabric by piecing four patches where squares should be, and you can see where I ran out of some fabrics. But I think it's turning out better than I thought it would! And if you stand really far back from it, it's quite nice!
Also I have some nice border fabrics to spruce it up (I hope!)
To visit other quilt bloggers and see what's on their design wall, hop over to Patchwork Times.