Saturday, October 08, 2011

Civil War Blocks

A quick update on my Civil War quilt blocks....I am a little behind my goal on this project, but have made 2 more blocks, which is at least making some movement in the right direction! 


This is a classic block - #27 Irish Chain
You can click on the link to read some interesting information about the origin of the name of this block...do you know what an irish chain really is?




And here is block #28 Next Door Neighbour - this link has a fascinating story about a resilient woman and her family of 14 children.


And if you are looking for some blogs to visit while you drink your morning tea/coffee, I have a little list here for you. My busy schedule is helping me to resist starting anything new, but it's fun to look at the blocks anyway...here's the list:
Lori has a list of 7 block of the month projects.
QuiltJane has an interesting block project going called Desperate Housewives.
Konda over at Moose on the Porch Quilts is hosting a Fat Quarter Stars Quilt Along.
Blue Nickel Studios is having a block a day Quilt-Uberfest for October.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Very pretty blocks. I really do like your color scheme, it's gorgeous.

I'm doing the Fat Quarter Stars Quilt along, actually I really need to go finish my block. Yikes, it needs to be done by Tuesday.

Ellen said...

Your blocks are fabulous - I really like your choices of colour and fabric.