My August project #7 for Judy's UFO Challenge is her June 2010 mystery (click here for the free instructions). It has been sitting in my UFO closet for a year now...waiting, fermenting, aging to perfection. This is how I hang my most recent UFO's. Some quilts even have the backing and/or binding fabric on the hanger with it. I got the idea from Karen's blog when she showed us her closet last year and it has worked well for me in getting my UFO's (that are on my wish list) ready to work on.
The border size for this month's UFO was determined by the piece of fabric I had purchased last year for the border and binding. First I measured the quilt and made the binding. Here it is sitting in my binding basket (with 3 other bindings all ready for other UFO's!)
Then with the fabric that was left I figured out that there was enough to make a 3 1/2" border. Here it is with the border on (the photo only shows half of the quilt...it's a large quilt!) Now I have half of August left for the quilting and binding...easy peasy!