Thursday, August 19, 2010

SAHR

I am so excited that I didn't get called into work today and could work on my Stay At Home Robin!
You can read about the project here and see my first block here. I enjoyed trying a new (to me) tool to make some circles to play with for step #2 and you can read about that here.
The next step was to add a 4 x 6 block to the left of the starter block. I added a B & W background block which I pieced from 2 scraps and then I had fun with the circles.

Now where are my tiny applique pins?!?

They couldn't be found,  so I struggled along with the stitching with the thread getting caught on the pins. But I really enjoyed the hand work and the edges were lovely to applique using this technique.

Here is my step #2 block. The larger circles I had made didn't want to be on this block, so I am saving them for another step.
Thanks again to the wonderful comments (left on my step #1 post) by blog readers, which gave me some great ideas for other methods of constructing circles which I plan to use in the up coming steps...I just love blogland!

And here is my project so far...
If you want to see the other participant's projects, click here.

4 comments:

Mary Lou Casada said...

I really like the Perfect Circles tool(s) :-) -- looks like yours ALL turned out perfectly!! Beautifu work!

scraphappy said...

I just love the way the swirly fabric plays so nicely with the circles. So cute! It will be fun to see how the rest develops.

Toni said...

Oh Kathy! I love the baby circles!! They turned out soo cute!

The Calico Cat said...

If you pin from the underside, your thread does not get caught in the pins...