Friday, November 27, 2009

Start your engines!



Today is Friday and it's the beginning of a new scrappy mystery from Bonnie at Quiltville. Part 1 is already posted here.
I pulled these out of my stash this week and am combining fabrics I bought in Paducah (a green and pink batik bundle), with fabrics I bought a couple of weeks ago at the Shop Hop (greens, blacks, and whites with the green) plus some odds and ends of pieces I found when stash diving.
You need 3 colours plus a background, so I can't decide if my background should be the black or the white. I can go ahead and start part 1 because I don't have to make that decision to do the first step. Are you playing along?!? Come on...put aside your UFO's and start something new!! (Clearly I am a bad influence!)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your fabrics. They are my favorite of all I've seen so far. I can't wait to see it done. I'm using 30's.

Pam in KC said...

I love your colors.

Dresden Quilter said...

It is going to be a fabulous quilt.

The Calico Quilter said...

This is an exciting color combination! Everyone in the group has posted pictures of such different interpretations of the color requirements. Isn't it amazing how diverse our color preferences are?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

what a great combo! What did you decide to use as your background?

Quilter In Paradise said...

love your colors! makes me rethink mine ( oh no! I just put the room back together )
wonder what this mystery is going to look like???

Jean said...

Great colors...I will watch to see how it comes along.

Suze said...

Great colors...I need to work on mine.

Louise said...

Kathy: Your colors look good together. The hardest thing so far for me was deciding what colors go where, especially for the background. It seems like it could effect the whole look of the quilt. Either way should look good, though, or Bonnie wouldn't have suggested using black as a background. Louise

Andee said...

The fabrics are gorgeous, can't wait to see yours take shape too!