Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday again?!?!

The weeks seem to be flying by and I can't believe it is design wall Monday again!

On my wall this morning are 2 projects...the comfort quilt BOMs for my guild on the left. I think the block is called "hens and chicks" and you can see a pattern here. One of the block kits was missing 2 yellow triangles, so I just picked a fabric from my stash to mix in.
On the right is a half finished tablerunner made with the Jingle Jolly Runner pattern and using up my scraps of Sheri Berry Christmas fabric.

I taught a class of 20 quilters from the Waterloo Quilters Guild on Saturday and a couple of them said they read my blog, so I'll post a photo from the class. They have such a large and sunny classroom at a community centre, which is perfect for quilting classes. It was lots of fun, but I was sure tired on Sunday!

6 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I love the hen and chicks block! Yours are very cute. :) Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Cathy - can you tell us more about the classes you teach and where you teach them. Also do you ever come into Toronto to teach? Are you ever invited to do trunk shows? I would love to hear more about the teaching side of your craft.

Dresden Quilter said...

It looks like the day was a lot of fun. I am making a quilt right now using the Sheri Berry Christmas fabric.

Ginger Patches said...

Cute stuff! Love the Sherri Berry fabric. I still haven't seen it in my local shops...time to search online!

Millie said...

It looks like a lot of fun...please share more of the classes you are teaching.

Jean said...

Looks like a great place to teach classes. My classroom is so small compared to this. What did you teach?