Thursday, December 11, 2008

On the mend...

Slowly, but surely, I am on the mend. Thank you for sending your encouraging thoughts and well wishes my way. It has taken me quite a while to get my energy back after this virus and every extra moment that in the past I would have spent sewing, I have been forced to spend resting. How boring!!! I even missed my guild meeting this week because I just did not have the extra energy to go out. Unfortunately this health issue has required me to take stock of how much time I have left and forced me to readjust my goals of what is possible to finish in time for Christmas.
But the good news is that I am feeling better in time to at least get some shopping, baking and quilting done in time for Christmas and I am very happy about that.
I have been putting some little pieces through my machine, just so I don't forget how! I am working like a turtle on these quilt blocks. Here are some examples of the wrong way to sew a block and I sew at least one or two of these every time I sit at the machine! Here are the 2 that I will be unsewing tonight! I need to smarten up and sew 30 of the 12" blocks....the right way of course!

7 comments:

antique quilter said...

glad your feeling better, oh my we have all done that with turning pieces of block and sewn them wrong.
hope that was the only two you do that way!! great fabric choices can't wait to see the whole quilt.
Kathie

Libby said...

I struggle with those directional blocks everytime. Maybe you could keep just one . . . for jun *s*

swooze said...

Glad you are feeling better. I went through this a few weeks ago and it was no fun to do nothing. Of course I slept most of the time!

Get better asap!!

Jean said...

Glad the bug has moved on to someone else. Your blocks look interesting, can't wait to see the quilt.

Julie said...

I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better now.

Greenmare said...

so I guess you aren't going to leave two of these in as your "Amish blocks"? glad you are up and about. for holiday baking check out my new recipe on my blog!

Karen E. said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling better and hope that you will have your bountiful amount of energy back quickly. Sure hope that this flu did not affect your creativity ;)