Thursday, January 17, 2008

Step #6 Finished

This week is just speeding by me! The last block of Bonnie's mystery quilt has been posted and I am so close to working on it. But first I had to finish sewing 16 of these Ohio Star variation blocks. I was glad that I had carefully squared up the hourglass blocks from step #5, since it was tricky to get these blocks to join together well at the seams.
Here are my 16 blocks on the design wall. I like the design that these blocks make when displayed all together. But that's not how it will be sewn...this is only less than half of the blocks I need for the mystery.
I can now start to sew my last blocks from my remaining 100 rail fence blocks, 100 9 patches, and 25 light squares.
Back to "work"....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy, thanks for stopping by my blog. Thanks to this wonderful bunch of women, I have gone way, way out of my comfort zone to do this quilt and I have started to blog. Your quilt looks great too, the colors are wonderful. This has been such fun, I don't know if I can wait until April for the next. Maybe I'll look around for another one, NOT!! I'm really going to do some of my UFO'S. My "niece" just had a baby boy, so I'll just get the backing and batting and try my hand at quilting by my machine. Again, thanks for stopping by and happy quilting. Renée

Ruthie said...

I still just love your colors. Can't wait to see it with the Step 7 blocks.

Your medium color is just right........I think my blues are a bit dark.

Judy D in WA said...

Kathy, I love your colors. That green is awesome and really pops. I can't wait to see how it looks with the other blocks.

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on your continuing mystery progress. I think your colours are going to work really well - the accent contrast is just right :)