Welcome to the weekly hand stitching party!
It is Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada, so there are many family and friend get togethers happening. That likely means there will not be much stitching going on, but there will be lots of visiting and eating!
I do have a little finish to share from this week.
This is the Fast Frisian stitchalong by Modern Folk Embroidery that happened in August. My version uses 5 colours of Roxy floss and is stitched on 18 count Beiged and Confused by Stitch Man Darcy.The finished size turned out to be 7.5" x 8" and it is hanging on the wall in a little section devoted to samplers. There are only 3 of them so far, but I hope to add more to my collection over time.
I also added some stitches to my full coverage project called Mini Treasure Hunt Bookshelf (artwork by Aimee Stewart, charted by Heaven and Earth designs). I have reached the 20% mark for the number of stitches completed.
It is a very slow going stitching project. Chunks of time pass when I'm working on this, and it is quite meditative. Stitch by stitch, not much is accomplished, but I enjoy it so much that I don't care!
What are you stitching this weekend? Are you celebrating Thanksgiving? Or focused on Halloween projects? Link up your blog post below and share your progress with us.




9 comments:
Such a pretty finish and how fun to have a space devoted to samplers. You'll be able to easily add finished projects there as well as enjoy the growing art collection of beautiful stitches!
Einen schön Thanksgiving für dich und deine Lieben. Bei uns war das Erntedankfest schon am vergangenen Wochenende.
Eine sehr außergewöhnliche Stickarbeit zeigst du uns heute. Einmalig schön
Liebe Grüße
Petra
What a pretty sampler. Beautiful colours. The bookcase is looking much more like a bookcase now. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Your Frisian Stitchalong turned out so very beautiful, I can visualize a quaker project in my future, but that Bookshelf is absolutely breathtaking OMG!!! Have a blessed Thanksgiven day!
Happy Thanksgiving. Mini Treasure Hunt Bookshelf is pretty amazing. That's a lot of stitching!
Happy Thanksgiving, Kathy! Hope you're enjoying the weekend. Your Fast Frisian design is beautiful!
Happy Thanksgiving!
I love the colors of your full coverage piece. This is going to be fantastic. I always like sampler stitchery. I have made a few myself and would love to make more. Add it to the list of future crafts!
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you enjoy a celebration with family and friends.
Love your sampler, so pretty. Your bookshelf cross stitch looks so complicated, but I'm glad your are enjoying it so much. Sarah quiltingbythesea
Post a Comment