Saturday, October 03, 2026

Slow Sunday Stitching

 Welcome to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts! 

Make yourself a cup of tea or coffee (or maybe a pumpkin spice latte) and join us to celebrate the experience of slowly stitching your way through life!


The weather has turned cooler here and I am in the mood for Fall/Halloween projects. I drove to visit my sister and really enjoyed the leaves and the sights, like this interesting horse.


It was a beautiful day yesterday so we drove to the Mennonite fabric store and enjoyed browsing their fabrics. I also needed to pick up some DMC 310 black floss for my Halloween Prairie Schooler project, but they didn't have DMC or Anchor black threads. 



I had to buy a thread called Sullivan's and it is great! I don't think you can see where one black floss starts and the other ends. If you do see it, don't tell me because I think it looks okay.


I got in the mood for taking creative photos of my half finished project, and put it up to the window of my sister's house and asked her to take a photo and include the pretty tree in the background. This was what she got - a very spooky photo that doesn't show the tree or the stitching well!  😁


We tried again, this time putting the project up in the tree. Again, it's not a great photo, but we had lots of laughs at the photo shoot.

Oh well... you get the idea of where this project is this week. I think I'm about half way finished.



I posted a couple of videos this week, and one video shows the products in the Fat Quarter Shop Spooky Box. It was so fun to open and I am working on sewing that project in hopes of a Halloween finish.

Are you working on seasonal stitching projects?!




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments: