Sunday, August 27, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to Slow Sunday Stitching! We meet here every Sunday to celebrate the art of all varieties of hand stitching. If it involves a needle (or 2.. or more!), and thread/yarn, and stitches taken with your hands, we want to know all about it!  


Cross stitching has preoccupied my hand stitching time this week  and I finished 2 more designs from Melisa's Spring Stamp SAL. This is stamp #4 called "The Hatchlings" - two sweet little baby birds.

And stamp #8 called "A Spring Day" is also stitched. There is only 1 more block remaining, and I'm seeing the end in sight which is exciting! I would like to stitch one of Melisa's fall designs next - a squirrel sampler. 

What are you working on this week?

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your little birds look happy to welcome the warmer weather of Spring! You will soon be finished this project and will be stitching that squirrel sampler in no time. Thanks for hosting the Slow Sunday Stitchers each week. I love seeing what everyone is working on.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are so cute, Kathy! I think these little stamps designs of Melisa's are a lot of fun to stitch. I decided to work on the Squirrel Sampler, too! Enjoy your stitching today!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your cross stitch is so neat and precise - and it's pretty too

Deb A said...

Melisa's stitcheries are so cute! I hope to make last year's fall one this year. Love those blue birds. Have a great week Kathy.

CathieJ said...

I like those spring stamps. So sweet. Enjoy your stitching.

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

Your "stamps" are sure turning out cute! And a finish in the near future is always a good thing.

AnnieO said...

The Stamps are adorable! Birds are always so sweet to stitch. Enjoy your Sunday!

Karrin Hurd said...

My daughter would love those little bird cross stitch stamps! Beautiful work Kathy!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I love the pattern, but decided to not participate. I am enjoying your work on this project. Hope to pick up a new pattern that I have and begin cross stitching. Getting there, but slowly! Hugs!

cityquilter grace said...

those are so darn cute!