Wednesday, March 10, 2021

UFO Update

More progress is being made on my UFO this month. It is a fun challenge to think of how to quilt each round of this mystery.  This is the centre star block quilted with some straight lines and some arcs around the star.

These are some of the threads I will be using - mostly Aurifil, and one YLI that is a good blender, and grey is in the bobbins. You know how I love to quilt with a selection of colours!

This is one of the 6 smaller stars at the top and bottom, quilted with arcs. The black on white background fabric is now quilted with random loops.

Looks like a finish by the end of the month is within reach!

9 comments:

Maggie said...

What a beautiful and colourful sprinkles and prints of fabrics you used to make this quilt. The quilting makes the star pop.

MissPat said...

Are the arcs in the star center done free hand or with a ruler? If free hand, they are remarkably uniform and even. I don't remember seeing this as being your OMG, so maybe I missed a post.
Pat

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

This is such a happy fun quilt, Kathy. I have always had a fondness for star blocks. Your quilting is so pretty. You go, girl! You will have this quilt finished in no time. Happy quilting

Jenny said...

Goid luck on your plan to get this finished, seems you are coming along very well indeed. I rather like stars too,

The Joyful Quilter said...

Progress is SEW good, Kathy!!

Cheryl said...

Such a great design and I really like the prints.

Janet O. said...

I know how you love to change colors. I've tried hard to understand, but I can't grasp it. LOL
Looking good, Kathy.

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of using multiple colors to quilt.

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Deanna W said...

I love and have used your free style of machine quilting. It is fun to use many colours although I haven't gotten that brave as yet!

P.S. I am hanging in there. It is a one day at a time thing for now. I am hoping to get back to sewing soon. I have only managed some knitting so far.