Friday, December 04, 2020

Grassy Creek

Now that my Frolic mystery quilt from last year is pieced, I am full steam ahead on starting the new Grassy Creek mystery. The first step was an easy one, made easier with my decision to sew half of the blocks this year to make a smaller quilt. These greys and golds are so pretty together. 

I really like using the EZ angle ruler which makes almost perfectly sized blocks with no trimming required if your cutting and sewing is accurate. Since trimming blocks is my most disliked task, I'm delighted to be able to avoid it when possible.

Part 2 of the mystery project is being posted today - hop over to Quiltville to see what we are sewing this week!

5 comments:

maggie fellow said...

I like the way your fabrics are looking together

The Cozy Quilter said...

I like using the easy angle ruler for my HST’s too. I’m not making the mystery quilt this year. I will be watching as you make yours.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

YOur Frolic is gorgeous and I'm really liking those golds and greys together.

ButterZ said...

Well done to you. I have printed the patterns

Deanna W said...

Good for you staying up to date on these mysteries. I am bypassing Bonnie's mystery this year...too many other things on the go. With the holidays fast approaching there is no time for leisure sewing. I will get back to it after Christmas.