Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Marking Pins

Have you seen these cool marking pins?? They are large safety pins with alphabet bead markers that you can use to keep your blocks or rows organized.  I bought these pins at the Shop Hop in May and just love them! 
You can see the size of the beads in this photo. They are just the right size to fit on the safety pins, and can easily be found if they fall on the floor. 
Here are my Sweet Treats blocks all pinned together in the rows I layed out on my design wall. 
The only thing I don't like about this product is that it doesn't come with a storage container and I am afraid of losing some of the letter beads, so I am keeping my eyes open for the perfect tin or box that they can be stored in.
To see what new things bloggers are trying, hop over to Jo's Country Junction.

10 comments:

Mary said...

I will put mine in a Plastic container like the one that used to have my glass head pins in it. Thanks! They sell them separately at Fabric stores and there is a Necessary box that sells at Staples here in USA too they come in a variety of sizes. Check your dollar stores.

Janet O. said...

How cool are these? I love this idea! I was so tired of suing little slips of paper and pinning them to the stacks, and having to make new ones each time because the ones I had used before were lost or thrown away.
Thanks for the heads-up, Kathy. I am going to a few stores on a shop hop this week and will keep my eyes open!

Darlene said...

Hey those look like something every quilter should own.

Love your Sweet Treats blocks!

Gari in AL said...

Love the pin markers. I have not seen them but will be looking: can't have too many cute tools in the studio. ;)

Jo said...

This looks like something I'll need. I am a gadget junkie!!

antique quilter said...

Love these will have to look for them. I take rows of blocks off the design wall when I need the space. These woul d help me keep them straight vs paper and pins that some how sometimes come off !!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are a great idea! Thanks for sharing!!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Those are just too cute Kathy! Go to the Dollar store and buy a little clear plastic container.

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Hi

I love rhubarb too. If you pop over here on my blog you will find my favourite recipe. I used it that day to make a plum tart but it is fab with rhubarb

http://razzledazzlequilter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/03/it-was-plum-job.html

Even Rhubarb haters have been converted with this recipe.
Cheers
Linda

Sil said...

A great idea! :)