here to Judy's blog.
I spent a lot of hours cutting, sewing HST's, squaring them up and getting ready to sew Step #4 of Bonnie's mystery. These are the pieces prepared for sewing the blocks.
Quite a bit of time was spent trying to decide if I wanted to include this fabric...or not. You can see my original fabrics laid out here and I really liked this fabric, which in the photo was confidently placed the pink pile but when it came time to cutting it, I couldn't decide if it was mostly pink or mostly green. My sister was convinced it shouldn't even be in the quilt at all LOL! But I went ahead and put it in some of the blocks and time will tell if that was a good decision or not!
Here is Step #4 completed...104 broken dishes blocks. It has been very relaxing to have this project to work on as time permits...easy, mindless piecing while listening to Christmas Carols on the radio. I doubt that I'll have much time this week to work on any quilting. I am doing a trunk show and lecture at the quilt guild in Orangeville tonight and then between working, and preparing for Christmas, it'll be a whirlwind of activity!