Sunday, December 07, 2014

Slow Sunday Stitching

Are you getting all worked up about all the things you have to do at this time of year? I usually get stressed every year around this time in December. Then usually around the middle of the month I start to scale back my grandiose plans, and reluctantly become more realistic about what I can actually accomplish in 24 hours.
Except for during Slow Sunday Stitching time. That is my time for stitching, and breathing. Everything else can wait!

My stitching project for December will be to finish my hand quilted sampler quilt. The hand quilting countdown is on - 3, 2, 1....





Stars - 17 of 20 quilted (3 left)

Sashings - 29 of 31 quilted (2 left)

Blocks - 11 of 12 quilted (1 left)



What are you hand stitching today? Are you finishing up some Christmas gifts? Link up your blog post below and show us your hand stitched projects. I am trying a variation with the link up this week so that the newest link added will appear at the top. We'll see if this is easier to view the new links as the day goes on.




13 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

All worked up and stressed out about Christmas? LOL...don't we all do that; you are so right :)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I don't stress, but I avoid shopping, malls, stores, groceries, etc... - all thru December. And glad I am all set as it looks like we are going to have a 2 week ice/snow period.

Denise :) said...

I absolutely adore this time of year! Even with all the hustle and bustle! My favorite thing to do is get out there during the last few days before Christmas and smile at people and be kind and courteous to shop clerks and workers!! Spread the cheer!!!
Your quilt is coming along -- today might be the finish day!!! :)

Scrappy quilter said...

I learned years ago to not get stressed at this time of the year because it always came together even without stressing about it. Now I relax and enjoy the season. Love your hand quilting.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I don't make Christmas presents, I just don't want the stress of deadlines. Everyone now days seem to want a gift card instead - in my family anyhow. I might make a couple food type presents but no sewing.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I made several gifts this year. My goal was to have everything made by December 1st. I only have one small gift left to make...it should take about an hour to make. Your quilting is coming along nicely! You will be done in no time!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

No stressing at my house, gave that up long ago. We a do a few decorations and there is little something sent to each grandchild and their parents. The pine air freshner is open and the Christmas music is playing. Now all that is left is to reflect on the real meaning of Christmas. Enjoy your stitching today!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

No handmade gifts this year--I had big plans to make each of my sons a quilt, but it's not gonna happen! Your stitches a lovely!

Kaja said...

Protect the stitching/breathing time at all costs! I love Christmas (but then I don't make my gifts!!!)

CathieJ said...

Your progress has been great. You are closing in on the finish line for that quilt. I can't wait to see it finished. I totally agree with the fact that at this point in December some scaling back needs to be done.

Teresa in Music City said...

Indeed, it is a stressful time of year! We have children traveling to visit with us this year, which will be fun, but also more stress as we get ready for them :) I'm so glad to have my friends, my quilting, and POTC blocks to help me cope and get through the stressful times :)

margaret said...

nearly completed this quilt congratulations will we see it done before Xmas I wonder

Ellen said...

You are really moving along with this quilt. Your quilting stitches are so straight and neat!