There has been a lot of hand binding over the summer when it wasn't too hot to have a quilt on my lap. The bottom 3 quilts are donations and the top is one that I have fallen in love with and can't part with... for now at least. I will do a blog post about each finish asap.
I have also finished a few little cross stitch pieces into wall hangings... while eating my favourite snack of course! I thought this photo was cute since the snack bag is almost as big as the project I was stitching!
I have also started a couple of new things because fall is coming! Are you starting to think about Halloween yet? This will be a Prairie Schooler Halloween project. I had a difficult time picking the threads for this, even though it just needs a black and an orange.
Who knew there were so many oranges in my stash? What on earth!??!
I don't even like orange!
Where did all of these come from?
What are you hand stitching this week? Do you have any new starts or finishes? Link up your blog post below and share your progress with us.




7 comments:
I like orange and that photo of all the orange threads makes me smile! 😊. You finished lots of quilts this summer. I finished two and just need to do the binding on the third one. I started a baby quilt yesterday for a baby boy…none of my finished baby quilts seemed right for this particular baby. I’m cutting out potato chips for another baby quilt too. I don’t have enough in the pile to make the quilt yet. I will keep cutting. Hope you show off your finished quilts soon!
this year is really flying! That is a cute cross stitch you are just starting, and yes that is a lot of orange! Those snacks look tasty too. Sarah quiltingbythesea
A stack of finishes is always a fun thing. I so get the keeping a quilt that you thought you were going to donate. I'm quilting one that I thought to donate, but I'm starting to think it may have to live here once it's finished. I bought Halloween fabric yesterday. I think the black cat in the family needs a new quilt.
What a lovely stack of pretty quilts! Enticing for me, to start yet another project.
yes to Halloween! LOVE your project and thread colors in orange, so excited about cooling weather, mums, warm colors, Thank you for always inspiring me, LeeAnna
I'm looking forward to seeing more about those quilts you finished! The Halloween design looks like fun, too. I love orange in both fabric and thread, but your line-up of orange floss made me laugh! Have a wonderful Sunday, Kathy!
I like the Prairie Schooler piece you will be working on. Isn't amazing how many different shades there are of the same color floss. I can't wait to see all those quilts individually. Enjoy your stitching!
Post a Comment