Sunday, October 27, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching


Welcome to Slow Stitching Sunday where we make time to slow down our lives, to breathe deeply, to pick up a needle and thread, and take some slow stitches. 

Today I am sharing a start and a finish! 



This is another one of Melisa of Pinker 'n Punkin's mini sampler projects. It is called Mini Apple Sampler and is a free pattern on her blog. 



I had so much fun digging around in my floss stash to  select just the right red flosses for the letters and apples. It probably took me longer to make these decisions than it did to put in the stitches!



It's a small little cross stitch sampler that I made into a wall hanging measuring 5.5" across by 4.5" high. I love the fall leaf print I used for the back. It took me way too long to hand stitch the binding, and I have no idea why. I couldn't get the start and finish edges to meet up correctly, even though I've done it hundreds of times before. Some days are just like that!

Here are the 3 mini samplers I have made from free patterns on Melisa's blog. I love these sweet little treasures!















Thank you Melisa for all the stitchy treats that you share with us!💗

I think my next mini sampler start will be the sunflower mini. But first, I have so many other projects on the go that I need some attention before I become obsessed with another mini sampler. I do love stitching those letters!

Now it's your turn! What are you hand stitching today? Do you have any finishes to share with us? We hope you will link up your blog post below.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments: