Saturday, November 26, 2022

Scrappy Saturday

The Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilters are finishing up their scrappy projects from this year. But not me! I do finish quilts occasionally, but I much prefer to start them! LOL

Today I'm digging into the strip bin to make blocks for the new Quiltville mystery. These might work. There seem to be a lot of lights and darks but not as many mediums values.



Here are some of my scrappy 4 patch blocks for part #1 of the Quiltville mystery.  

It's so fun to sort according to value only. 




For example, should this green scrap be 
a medium?


Or should it be in with the lights??

It's both! It's value depends on which fabrics are beside it. So there is no wrong answer - it's all fun brain snacks for me!

Linking up to Rainbow Scrap Challenge and Oh Scrap!

8 comments:

Deb A said...

I have not started on Chilhowie yet... but I might tomorrow. Your blocks are looking good - and isn't it crazy how depending on the fabrics next to it, a fabric can look so different! Glad you are feeling better.

Jenny said...

Like you, I think I'm better at starting quilts rather than finishing them too. But I did have a finish this week, so I'm pleased about that. Your new start looks great.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

your Chilhowie will look wonderful! I find periwinkle has a hard time deciding if it wants to be blue or purple!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I think your 4 patches look appealingly scrappy! I love the one polka dot block in each!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Have fun with the Mystery, Kathy!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Good luck with the mystery, it's always fun to see everybody's blocks as it goes along.

Sara said...

I have trouble too sometimes in determining whether something is light or medium, or medium/dark. Have fun with the mystery. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to dive in or not. I love the colors, so I'm very tempted.

Julierose said...

Good luck finishing up the new mystery this year--I also love those dotty fabrics...will be watching how yours is coming along...hugs, Julierose