Friday, November 19, 2010

A little finish

I just finished a quilt that my sister Jayne made for her friend. It is for a memorial service this weekend for the friend's 12 year old daughter who died last year from cancer.  Jayne used the favorite colours of her friend's daughter in this wallhanging.
The pattern is called "Beautiful Butterflies" from Ye Olde Fabric Shoppe - click here to see it.
Because the memorial service was quickly approaching, I agreed to machine quilt and bind it for her. I showed my quilting error in Wednesday's blog post and got some good ideas for hopefully not repeating that again - thanks to all the commenters who shared their quilting tips!





I unsewed and then requilted the bottom border, and sewed the binding down last night. Phew...finished just in time!
And now...on to something new. Can you guess what I'll be up to tonight?!?

9 comments:

Dresden Quilter said...

It is really beautiful and very thoughtful.

Zlaty said...

It's very pretty quilt! Such a nice gesture of you and your sister! I love your quilting!

swooze said...

Hmmmm Bonnie mystery per chance?

Susan said...

What a thoughtful thing for you and your sister to do for someone...............

The Cozy Quilter said...

Roll roll cotton boll? Don't forget about indian orange peel- there will be ho$mework...

Vicki W said...

What a thoughtful gift.

julieQ said...

That is such a darling quilt...what a nice gift for someone to enjoy! I will look forward to your mystery progress reports!

Kate said...

Very pretty and very thoughtful.

Candace said...

What a beautiful quilt for your sister and you to have made for her friend. I hope that it is a daily comfort to her.