Pages

▼

Sunday, September 27, 2026

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly celebration of all hand stitched crafts! We hope you will join us in setting aside a few moments each Sunday for some relaxing stitching on your favourite project. Pick up a needle and thread, breathe deeply, and enjoy a little vacation from the responsibilities of your life.

I'm getting into the fall season vibes now and wanting to stitch all the fall and Halloween projects!

Photo from Pinker ' Punkin

If you too are looking for some wonderful inspiration and free patterns to try, check out Melisa's post at Pinker 'n Punkin for ideas.  I want to make ALL the things and I feel energized just by seeing all these treasures - click here to enjoy! I'm going to start with Pumpkin Stew. First step is collecting the supplies. I enjoy this part of the creative process and thinking about what is recommended, what do I have in the stash, and what would I need to substitute or buy.


This weekend I have been attending a Lindy Stitches online event called "Harvest Moon Hangout". I have put in a lot of stitches into Knock, Knock which is a Prairie Schooler design. It is made with only 2 colours - orange and black. I like the witch in the window, the owl, and the little bats. Today I'll stitch some pumpkins and work on the roof of that house. I would love to finish this in time for Halloween!


For some inspiration, here is a little collection of projects that I have hanging on the wall in my stairwell. 

When October is over, I will get out some of my  Christmas projects and hang those up instead.

Are you stitching Fall designs (or other seasonal designs if you're in the southern hemisphere)?  I am loving the change in the weather and feel inspired to start all the fall and Thanksgiving projects. 

Please link up your blog post below and share your hand stitching with us!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

7 comments:

  1. You are channeling fall with your stitching and wall display. I will be picking up my newly framed fall trees cross stitch this week and hanging it in my great room. This year’s fall cross stitch is coming along nicely. I will work on it more today. Happy slow stitching day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa does some lovely designs! Not sure how I would manage all that black stitching in your latest project. Its very effective though. Sarah quiltingbythesea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pumpkin Stew is adorable, Kathy - you'll have fun stitching that one one! I'm ready for some fall and Halloween stitching, too. Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love Melisa's blog and how generous she is with her free patterns. She especially has an eye for collecting and decorating. Your stitchings are adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't even gotten my fall items out yet. I love that Pumpkin Stew that you plan to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some fun stuff in the planned and in the works. Enjoy your slow stitching today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I love Melisa’s blog! So many ideas and designs. I am still working on my grandchildren’s ornaments, but am eager to start some autumn stitching.

    ReplyDelete