Welcome to the regular weekly practice of relaxing with some hand stitching! We encourage you to join us... all you have to do is take a deep breath, find your hand stitching projects and put in some stitches.
This week I finished the cross stitch on the Fast Frisian pattern by Jacob of Modern Folk Embroidery. This is a sampler based on traditional vintage stitcheries from Netherlands and included motifs such as birds, little animals, and household items. It is stitched on 18 count aida called "Beige and Confused" (purchased from Stitch Man Darcy).
I like how it has the year of the finish, and the stitchers initials in the design. It was very fun to work on using a limited palette of 5 colours of threads. I have enjoyed looking at the wide range of finishes on instagram - from those using many colours to some that are juusing just one colour of thread. You can see them using the hashtag #fastfrisian.
This month I have so many projects on the go that I really enjoy working on. I have no idea what I will stitch on today. It is sometimes hard to decide! What are you stitching today and how do you decide what to work on?


Your finished cross stitch is lovely. I really like the subtle colours in it. Sarah quiltingbythesea
ReplyDeleteYour Fast Frisian is a beauty, Kathy! So many interesting motifs to look at. I enjoyed looking at the link of so many others on Instagram, too. Have a wonderful Sunday!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful finish, Kathy! The limited palette of colours works well with this piece. I always have a cross stitch project as well as a hand quilting project on the go as well as several quilts…what I work on depends on my mood, how much time I have and if there is a deadline for when something needs to be done. I like to get my obligatory projects done first…gifts, charity projects, etc. And then work on my fun projects. Happy stitching today, whatever you decide to work on.
ReplyDelete