Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Year!

Last year I spent a huge amount of time on New Year's Eve creating this collage of my quilts from the previous year. This year, I don't have the patience or the time! 
I am so glad to see the end of 2011, I can't even tell you!
I am relieved to welcome the year 2012, and plan to usher in this new year by...guess what? QUILTING of course!
Before I show you what I am working on today, I must announce the winner of the quilt calendar draw....the winner is Vivian from the Quilts and a Mug blog!  
Today I am working away on the Fabricaholics Anonymous New Years Eve Mystery blocks. I am not loving my fabric choices at all...as sometimes happens when I'm sewing a mystery quilt. There is not enough contrast for my liking... which is totally my fault in selecting the fabrics.
It didn't help that I saw Amy's fabrics and love hers! But I will keep sewing until I can get the project to a point where it is organized enough that I can hide it neatly in a UFO closet! 
I will spend the first day of this new year sewing my little heart out, dreaming of all the new projects I might start this year, and maybe thinking a bit about some of my old UFO's that may finally become finished quilts in 2012!
Happy New Year!

8 comments:

gill said...

Happy New Year!
Thanks for a great giveaway and congratulations to Vivian!

Jackie J said...

Happy New Year Kathy, I'm sure 2012 will be great.
Happy quilting today, I'm sure your mystery quilt will look fine.

Terri said...

Since you already have the pieces cut and are planning to sew them together, why not finish this quilt and donate it to Project Linus. It's a good cause...
Hugs

Andee said...

I think your fabrics are romantic looking! Keep at it it might come together after all..I too am thinking I might just hold off and get back to Orca Bay!

Karen said...

I wanted to work on a collage of quilts that I finished this year but did not take time. I like the looks of it when all the quilts and projects are shown together.

Kate said...

Happy New Year! Making a quilt is the best way to usher in the new year.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Happy New Year...May 2012 be filled with creativity!

Candace said...

I agree with Andee, and I love your colors. There's just enough zing with the turquoise and yet it is soft and romantic. I love it.