Sunday, February 25, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching


Welcome to the weekly celebration of hand stitching! Why not join us as we make time to enjoy the benefits of relaxation with our favourite projects?
Last week I attended my annual quilt retreat and made sure to fit in a little slow stitching every day. I made a lot of progress in stitching the binding on my UFO of the month.


And while at retreat, I snuck around and snapped some photos of other slow stitchers working on their wonderful projects.


Jackie was embroidering her crayoned flowers.






Nancy was stitching a wool cat in a basket on a batik background.  It was so cute and I wish I had taken a photo of the finished block to show you all her special stitches.



Gail was knitting some yoga socks which she says are "easy" because there is no heel to turn and no toe to join.







Andrea was hand stitching this complicated bag project. Her hands were working very hard to get through all the layers to attach the edging.


Now it's your turn! What are your hands stitching today?
Link up your blog post below and share your accomplishments with us.

   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   



11 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your retreat looks like fun...sew productive for everyone! A great way to spend time with your friends !

Sarah said...

I agree what a great way to spend time with friends and sewing! All it looked like everyone was being very productive.

CathieJ said...

I love seeing many different stitching projects. That looks like a great way to spend time with like minded friends.

Deb from Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Nice variety of projects! :)

Teresa said...

Lovely Projects

Kathy S. said...

Hope you had fun on your retreat. Thanks for taking us with you virtually1

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

must ask what are yoga socks - they look like they have no heel and no toes - maybe that is how they can wear them and not slip? I have not heard of these and wondered.

Suzanne said...

I love going on Retreats. It recharges my creative side and it is fun to have a break from the everyday World. It looks like you had a splendid time!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

So great to see so many doing hand work. I've never heard of yoga socks, but it looks like something even I could accomplish with my limited knitting skills--lol!

Marti said...

Love all the projects everyone is doing. Congratulations on a UFO finish too!

Lisa J. said...

It's great too see all the hand stitching done at the retreat. I decided to add my February break hand stitching to the collection.