Thursday, January 18, 2018

Quilt Along Addiction

It has been rumoured that I have a bit of a quilt along addiction. Teeny tiny and hardly noticeable, but it has become a wee bit of a challenge for me LOL! It's such a relief when I'm able to resist, but most of the time I'm just not able!
Do you know that there is a link up for all quilt alongs over at Busy Hands Quilts? Oh dear... be still my heart!💙
Luckily many of the projects don't appeal to me or are expensive and require book purchases, so truthfully I am not tempted by those.


I had already decided to start Carole's Square Dance on Friday - click here for the intro post. And guess what... no half square triangles in this one! Woohoo! I made Carole's Scrap Dance Tango 2 years ago and love it (although it's still a lovely UFO). 



But when I was over at Busy Hands Quilts link up I noticed the "It's a wild life" BOM starting soon at Sew Incredibly Crazy. I have a pretty wild and crazy life, so that sounds perfect for me! 


And I loved the Aurifil BOM from 2016 which I made in red and white and finished in November last year.  I skipped their project last year because the first block was an applique cat which I didn't want to do. Some of the blocks later in the year were interesting, but I was already on to other things and lost track of that. You can see the block patterns here

The theme this year is "The places we go" and you can see the list of 2018 block designers here. Most of the designers are new to me so that's exciting. The first block looks like a fun challenge. The info is posted here and is by Canadian designer Katja Marek. You can see the link up for the first block over at Pat Sloan's blog here.

Did I just confess that I am starting 3 new projects?!?!

16 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

yes you did, lol

SandraC said...

You and me both, sista'! I totally am tempted by sew-alongs, mysteries, etc. Even worse now that I am a blogger and have so many virtual-friends. Sometimes I think I should give up my blog so as to not be led into temptation as often!!!

Ellen said...

Kathy - you are incorrigible!! I hope you are feeling much better. :)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I hope you are at least feeling better, or else, you will be WAY behind on all of these.

piecefulwendy said...

There are so many to choose from, I'm a little afraid to go read Busy Hands' post (you reminded me I need to do that). I keep finding more that I'd like to do, like Katja's block -- so cute, and it's orange! Yikes. So tempted, and February is Blue Nickel Studios, another favorite of mine. Oh dear. Anyway, I think you'll enjoy all of your choices! You go!

Louise said...

Ha ha, yes you just put it in writing here where we could all read it! Oh well, as long as you're having fun, it's all good :)

Janet O. said...

Kathy, you need an intervention!!! LOL

Deanna W said...

It would appear that you have made a confession!!! So that must also mean that you are feeling better. Glad to hear it...back to regular blog posts and with all the new starts, you will have something to write about!!!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

LOL, it would appear that you have. I am delighted that you mentioned my Square Dance mystery, thank you!! It will have six sizes to choose from so you can make the size that fits your time best.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Well, thanks Kathy! Now I just HAVE to do the "It's a Wild Life" QAL! Have fun with all of your sewing!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Hoping you are getting better with the Flu! Thx for helping me add to my addiction! LOL

Robin said...

You make me chuckle! But isn't having fun what quilting is all about?

Ivani said...

LOL - I am afraid to visit the sites you mentioned... and if I can't resist...I have so much to deal with right now, and want to continue others project I starded some day. I am trying so hard don't start another one and leave it at some point in the middle ...poor of mine.
Thank you for the links
Have fun.

Canuck Quilter said...

Yes, you did :) Enjoy the journey!

Kate said...

It's always fun to watch your quilt alongs come together. I'm really tempted to do Carole's mystery and use up some scraps, but I really need to finish a few things first!

cityquilter grace said...

yes always have to be careful this time of year...so many tempting new ideas