Monday, January 22, 2018

Blockheads on the Design Wall

40 blocks on the design wall
Moda started a free sampler sew along last March and called it "Blockheads". The blocks were designed by 6 quilt designers and each block has been a delight to make. I have been following along and making the weekly blocks,  and have already written 25+ blog posts about this project. Here are the 40 blocks I've made so far on the design wall. 
We are coming to the end of the project this month. Block #46 was posted last week and there are a total of 48 blocks, so the final blocks and layout ideas will be posted soon. No pressure, but I really must get caught up with these blocks!!
Block #34

Here's the update:
Block #34 is my appliqued house with a wonky front door that is finally finished.

Blocks #35-37 were posted in December and can be seen here.


Block #38

Block #38 is called "Peace and Plenty". I just noticed that the neutral and the black fabric have the same design, although they were purchased at different stores two years apart. The black was leftover yardage purchased for Allietare in 2015, and the neutral was just a fat quarter purchased in December 2017. I guess I really like that fabric design! 
Block #39



Block #39 Framed Star was fun to sew with 12 flying geese units and 8 squares.

I'm still working on block #40 which is a cardinal applique. Maybe this will make an appearance on Slow Sunday Stitching?

Block #41 is a pinwheel star that I sewed in December and can be seen here. I don't know why I couldn't wait to get that block sewn and made it right away?!
Block #42


Block #42 is an interesting block called Turnstile. It was quick and easy to sew with 4 flying geese, one QST block, and one partial seam. I will keep working on these blocks so hopefully I'll be ready for the finale.

To see more design wall postings, hop over to Small Quilts.

11 comments:

Suzanne said...

All those blocks are going to make a stunning quilt!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I don't know why, but your choice of fabrics for these blocks is just perfect.

Judy D in WA said...

So many fabulous blocks. And yes, your fabrics are perfect like Jocelyn says!

AnnieO said...

Such warm and welcoming colors you chose! Beautiful sewing job, too!

Janet O. said...

Your colors really do seem to work so well together. It is almost as if you used a coordinated collection, though I know you didn't.
Almost finished with a SAL? Wow, that is good cause to go out and find another. Oh, wait--you already have, several times! :)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You have done well with this project and love the warmth of your colors - very homey quilt this will be.

Angie said...

I've really enjoyed seeing all your blocks come to fruition! Your color palette is great - can't wait to see how you wrap everything up!

audrey said...

Love the colors of these blocks! So cozy looking.:)

Deb from Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I love seeing this color combination you have going here :)

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Very very very nice ! Love the repro fabrics and colors! Will be interesting to see how you do the settings! Hope you are feeling somewhat better.

Judy Hansen said...

I too, love your colors in your project. Also, I'm in love with your header blue and white project. Thanks for linking up with Design Wall Mondays, you are an inspiration to me.