Sunday, December 10, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to Slow Sunday Stitching! 
We meet here every Sunday to celebrate the art of all varieties of hand stitching. If it involves a needle or 2 and thread and stitching taken with your hands, we want to know about it!



I have taken out my winter hand quilting project. It has the ceremonious distinction of being my oldest UFO and has been in progress since 1996, so it's 21 years old! I still really like it and enjoy quilting the blocks. I can't help but wonder if 2018 might be it's last year as a UFO?


This is a big quilt, and it's heavy and warm, so it's perfect to work on at this time of year. I have set up my little quilting corner and put this UFO in my oval floor frame. It's a cozy little spot where I listen to iTunes and hand quilt when I have a few moments to relax. This is where I will be, putting in a few stitches to start the day.
What are you hand stitching today? Share with us the project you are working on by linking up your blog post below.
Happy Slow Sunday Stitching everyone!



   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   


18 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Looks like a cozy spot to do some hand quilting in your "spare time". It's a lovely quilt--I hope you manage to get it done this year so it can become your most recent finish rather than your oldest UFO!

Anonymous said...

It's a beautful quilt, looks like a perfect quilting corner too :-)

Jill said...

I also like your quilt pattern. I think I have it bookmarked in a quilt book. It is a block within a larger block.With a an attractive quilt corner set up with good lighting, perhaps you will finish be before year’s end.

julieQ said...

I will be at work at the hospital, LOL!! But in my mind, I am quilting on my long time applique UFO quilt...so there!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

That's beautiful ! :) Add it does look like a cozy, warm corner set up there for quilting :)

Ellen said...

Your little nook does look very comfy and cozy. Hopefully, you will be able to spend lots of time there working on your quilting. Perhaps your quilt will get finished in 2018. :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

oh my goodness 21 years! I hope this will be the winter that you get it finished so you can use it. I will be working on wool eggs and hexies I think

Sarah said...

Nice spot to be quilting. It's quite chilly today maybe I should have another go at quilting my hexie quilt to keep me warm. Have a good day!

Cathy said...

2018 or Bust! I love your stitching space.

Do you quilt all your quilts in hoop in stand? I have been considering a hoop in stand but not sure how I would like it.

Deb A said...

So fun to pull out an old friend each year and add some more loving stitches to it! Love your set up - I think I need to set a 15 minute timer each day and put some hand stitches into my quilt on the frame.....it is feeling so neglected!

Lyndsey said...

I love that quilt and your stitching corner looks very cosy. I must try hand quilting next year but I think I should start with a very small quilt as I'm very slow at hand stitching.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

How marvelous, love the star in a star pattern and those colors!!

Deb said...

Looks like the perfect spot to cozy up under and quilt and put in some stitching while listening to good music.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Hope you've enjoyed some time with that beautiful quilt today!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

OH what a lovely spot! Wow that's a pretty old ufo! I need to get my winter hand quilting project into the hoop so I can do the same! Looking forward to your progress!

Janice Holton said...

Wow! 21 years! That encourages me that I really will get my UFO's done if you still haven't given up on a project you've been working on for 21 years! Kathy, how many different projects you've got going on at once?

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

WOW 😲

time4stitchn said...

I love this old quilt...such a geometric design that keeps your eyes roving. And the colors are still able to be used anywhere. I have some old projects, too. Maybe I will get to them this year?