Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Mid Month UFO Report

My October/November UFO is seeing some steady progress. Like a true sampler quilt in which every block is unique, I am quilting a different design in each block. Some blocks are mostly free motion quilted with squiggles, stippling and/or arcs, and some are mostly straight line designs. 


This block was all squiggles and very quick to finish.
It is interesting to note that this project was an Aurifil Block of the Month from 2016 (free patterns still available here), and I am quilting the Aurifil quilt with... my favourite Aurifil thread!



It's a fun creative exercise to look at each block and construct a quilting path.
In the most recently quilted block there were only 2 stops/starts. The dark red triangles are unquilted, the white triangles in the centre have curved arcs from corner to corner in white thread, and all the other triangles were quilted with arcs in red thread.
I have quilted 10 of the 12 blocks, so only 2 are remaining. Quilting the baby quilt interrupted the UFO progress, but still it seems like a November finish might be possible!

4 comments:

Deb A said...

Great progress Kathy! Looks like you will get a November finish on this one - no problem!

Kate said...

Congrats on all the progress!

Ellen said...

Really cute blocks - I love the fabrics. Your quilting looks fantastic!

AnnieO said...

I have abandoned my UFO list these last few months, too many other projects jumped ahead! You're doing great with powering forward on so many quilts!