Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Machine Quilting

Progress is being made in machine quilting my Berenstain Bears baby quiltThis terrible photo of late night stitching shows how I started with some free motion curved lines in white threads, working my way across the white fabrics on the diagonal. 

Here's a better day time quilting photo. 
I put the walking foot on the machine and did some stitch-in-the-ditch on the horizontal seams to stabilize the whole thing a little more. It seems close to being finished. 

How do you know when the quilting is done? I sometimes have a tendency to overquilt... because it's fun and I keep getting ideas so I keep quilting. I'm trying to stop myself before I do that because it's a baby quilt which I want to be soft and cuddly, and less stiff from being overquilted. But now looking at the photos I can see 2 more quilting ideas I could add. 
Maybe I should just stop quilting and put the binding on. Then I could focus on the "to-do" list and get started on quilting my UFO of the month!

8 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

My daughter loved the Berenstein Bears books when she was little, the baby and the parents will have fun looking at all the fabrics on this quilt!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Cute, cute. Yes, step away and keep it soft and cuddly.

MissPat said...

Yup. Step away from the quilt! It's a busy quilt so detailed quilting won't show up anyway. I love to make bright, busy kid quilts and have to remind myself to not go overboard with the quilting. Which reminds me that I have a baby quilt that needs to be sandwiched and quilted. Baby due Oct. 20.
Pat

marebear said...

Because I love to freemotion quilt SO MUCH...I tend to overquilt as well.

Ada Plouvier-Kopitopoulou said...

It is a lovely quilt. I like quilts fluffy, so I quilt mostly just in the ditch.

Sally Langston Warren said...

Love the fabrics and colors! It is beautiful!!

scraphappy said...

I'm sure it will be perfect whenever you decide to stop. I'm going to have to remember this pattern. It is so much fun!

Kate said...

This is such a fun quilt!