Monday, June 26, 2017

Bear-ly Making Progress!

Paw print blocks are in major product here and there are almost enough blocks to go half way around the quilt. There will be a light border between the centre and the paw prints but I'm waiting to cut that until I see what measurement will be easiest to work with.
I'm thinking of at least one or two cornerstone blocks made from the sausage fabric. Yes, it's very noticeable and visually distracting, but this is not a quilt for judging or display. It's for my family, and they will love seeing the sausages on the front of the quilt (story here).
It's now less than 2 weeks until I wanted to use this quilt on our first major camping trip of the summer. The pressure is really on!
To see more design wall posts, hop over to the link up at Small Quilts.

11 comments:

Jo said...

Love the story about the sausages...
The borders are looking great..

Gretchen Weaver said...

I hope you can get her finished in time for the camping trip. Your family will be thrilled to see him.

gayle said...

Those paw print blocks look like the very definition of 'patience' - good luck with the finish!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

You can do it! Applause, applause for your progress so far.

Kat Scribner said...

Your Mod Bear Paw top is looking great! I've got mine on the back burner, but it must come out again this year, I hope.

swooze said...

Oh my. Here I thought you found a great paw print. Wow...just WOW!

Laura said...

Loving it!

AnnieO said...

So cute. Umm, one paw print top dead center looks deformed. Poor bear! Maybe the sausage was too hot.

Amy said...

LOL. the sausages are great! I love your interpretation of the pattern. As for the finish, you can do it! And Lorna's quilting is easy, and looks like wind, so you should shamelessly copy her in that department. I did...

Janet O. said...

This quilt is magic the way the bear paw block and pieced bear and paw border come together. And the sausages definitely deserve a spot on the front, IMHO. : )

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You are going to have to machine quilt that one, if you want to get it finished.